1) It is FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 21. I'm holed up at Random Evidence Laboratories begging forth Sunday's notes-column package. 2) In The Previous Blogpost (ITPB): How Giancarlo $tanton partied, Jeffrey Loria poll, Larranaga's Angel, SOPY rankings, NFL Pix 'n Fantasy, Schitt's Creek & more. 3) Follow us on Twitter @gregcote. Also Facebook, Instagram and Vine.
NFL WEEK 12 PIX: DOLPHINS-BRONCOS TAKES BRONZE FOR GAME OF THE WEEK: A Dolfan must be conflicted. He or she brims with confidence, coming off a bye week and seeing how the Rams just laid bare Peyton Manning as mortal last week. The Rams! But the voice in his or her head is nagging. It is asking, "What are the odds Manning is off again and Denver loses two in a row? Especially returning home after three consecutive roadies?" All true, the good and the bad. Miami has a legit upset shot because it plays Mr. MVP as tough as anyone. Manning in his career is 5-7 vs. MIA with as many interceptions (18) as TDs and a tepid 79.8 passer rating — and this Fins defense is better than most he’s faced. Weather will be a wild card. Ryan Tannehill may be on the attack (Patriots threw 53 passes vs. Broncos), but whether he’ll have time is a question because sackmen Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware will be a lot to handle for Miami’s O-line. Manning also has mucho weapons to push the Dolphins’ very good D, including DeMaryius Thomas seeking a record-tying eighth consecutive 100-yard receiving game. Bottom line, the venue, elements and Manning will be too much to overcome for an outright upset. Click on Week12 Gems for all of our latest predictions. (Broke even last night. Had Raiders with the points but not winning outright). Also click on Mega-Watt for my Friay NFL column, leading with J.J. Watt's realistic MVP chances.
Poll result: Stanton deal has not repaired Loria's image much: It makes you wonder if anything can. Giancarlo Stanton gets a record $325 million, 13-year deal to thrill Marlins fans, in the afterglow we ask your opinion of Loria in the wake of the deal, and here are the results: Very positive--3.8 percent; mildly positive--13.9%; mildly negative--31.9%; very negative--50.4%. On an either/or scale, that's negative beating positive 82.3% to 17.7%. Man.
Check back often because we constantly update and add to our latest blogposts...