It's Radio Thursday!: I'm in-studio with the Dan Le Batard Show today (instead of Tuesday), on 790 & 104.3 The Ticket from 3-7 op.m. and on ESPN Radio from 4-7. It's my landmark 20th national show, which, along with $2.11 gets me a large coffee at Dunkin Donuts.
1) It is THURSDAY, APRIL 24. In The Previous Blogpost (ITPB): Heat-Charlotte G2, Arison's guarantee, Heat in Game of Thrones, Bobcat Jesus, Jose Fernandez, Meb Keflezighi, Rubin (Hurricane) Carter & more. 2) Join us on Twitter @gregcote.
RANKING DOLPHINS SCHEDULE 1-THROUGH-16 ON GAME WATCHABILITY: I scan the Dolphins' newly released 2014 schedule, weighing the caliber of each opponent and factoring in home/away, and at first glance I come up with a most-likely record of 8-8. Which means another of those 9-7 to 7-9 range, Stealers Wheel/"Stuck In The Middle With You" seasons may be ahead. NOOOOOOO! The Dolphins have turned into Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Just below there's a poll inviting you to name the Dolphins home game you are most looking forward to. First here's my ranking of all 16 games, not chronologically but 1-through-16 based on watchability and anticipation:
1. Sept. 7 vs. Patriots: Start with division power. No soft-opening here!
2. Nov. 23 @ Broncos: Sorry, I meant to say @ Peyton Manning.
3. Dec. 28 vs. Jets: Season-ender could have playoff stakes for Fins.
4. Dec. 1 @ Jets: Bitter rival. Monday night lights. Any questions?
5. Oct. 12 vs. Packers: Joe Philbin's old team. Oh, and Aaron Rodgers.
6. Dec. 14 @ Patriots: Pack the longjohns. Battle for AFC East crown?
7. Sept. 28 @ Raiders: Wembley in London is why it's interesting.
8. Nov. 13 vs. Bills: Will game live up? It's prime-time Thursday.
9. Dec. 21 vs. Vikings: Adrian Peterson's first career game in Miami.
10. Dec. 7 vs. Ravens: Post-Ray Lewis and off 8-8, BAL not what it was.
11. Oct. 19 @ Bears: Storied opponent, and Soldier Field is still special.
12. Sept. 21 vs. Chiefs: Amply fed Andy Reid had KC 11-5 last year.
13. Nov. 2 vs. Chargers: One of those season-altering tossup games.
14. Sept. 14 @ Bills: Pretty rough when highlight is Ralph Wilson tribute.
15. Nov. 9 @ Lions: Winnable roadie. But pack pass defense for trip.
16. Oct. 26 @ Jaguars: Rotten opponent. Awful fans. Sad stadium.
POLL: WHAT DOLPHINS HOME GAME INTERESTS YOU THE MOST?: Life is full of tough choices, Dolfan. It's a fairly attractive home schedule, and you can only pick the one game you are most looking forward to. Games are listed chronologically. Vote and say why:
NBA SHOULD PENALIZE LEBRON-MUGGER JOSH "JESUS" McROBERTS: That hard forearm to the throat of LeBron James late in last night's 101-97 Heat playoff win merits a suspension or at least a fine of Charlotte's Josh McRoberts, who we noted in a previous blogpost looks like Jesus. No flagrant foul was called but the NBA will review the play today. The good news for Miami? The only player better than LeBron is LeBron, angry, and that play could be the spark Miami needs as it heads to Charlotte for two games starting Saturday. The Heat, though up 2-0, has yet to play exceptionally well in the postseason. Click on Do Not Rile the King for my column off last night's win.
Heat Postseason MVP Standings (through 2 games): Entering Game 3 Saturday: LeBron James 5 points, Dwyane Wade 4, Chris Bosh 2, James Jones 1. (We name 'Heat 3 Stars' every game and award points on a 3-2-1 basis).
IN RAPT APPRECIATION OF FIU SAND VOLLEYBALL: The FIU sand volleyball team has earned its first trip to the nationals. We mention that here as a gratuitous excuse to show you the team's more-interesting-than-usual team schedule poster. Sand volleyball is like regular volleyball, but on a beach, or sand made to seem like a beach. What's not to like?
LORDE'S "ROYALS" GETS SPRINGSTEENIZED:
Click back often. We constantly update and add to these latest blogposts, understanding that 'constantly' is of course relative...