« Previous | Main | Next »

January 20, 2013

ALSO, FISH SWIM, BIRDS FLY

An Eagan lawyer is suspended indefinitely after having an affair with a client whom he represented in a divorce, then billing her for time they spent having sex.

(Thanks to John Gregg)

 

Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

The aptly named Thomas Lowe...

The defense rests. And lights a cig.

He brought a woman to suicide and they suspend him for 15 months? What does it take to actually get in trouble?

I hate to say it, but Thomas Lowe, Esq is one of those 95% of lawyers who give the other 5% a bad name.

This guy uses my own personal investment strategy: it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I'll bet he was planning on asking the court to order the husband to pay the wife's legal bills. Double screwing him.

well u really cant make that stuff up. what a skank.

Gee... Normally you pay a lawyer and don't get anything for your money.

"A man who answered the phone at Lowe's office Monday said Lowe was unavailable. "

Oh sure, now he's unavailable.

This guy and MI supreme court justice who's been indicted for bank fraud really give lawyers a worse name than they had already.

Don't care. Had our new mattress delivered yesterday. Life's a beach.

So, his punishment is to not practice law for a while. Wow, that is harsh.

He should at least have to stand before a judge and get some solid exposure to the firm use of a gavel, IYCMD.

So he bills in 3 minute increments?

Nope, those 3 minutes are rounded up to an hour.

I'll bet it did it pro bone.

I hate to say this (because my sister is a non-practicing attorney) but is anyone really surprised by this?

In his defense, he WAS working her case.

The comments to this entry are closed.

-
 
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Copyright | About The Miami Herald | Advertise